Tuesday, September 20, 2011

9/19/11 at 8:54 pm


So yesterday, with my amazing preceptor, I caught my first baby! The mom was in labor for less than four hours from first contraction to the birth of the placenta. She was so calm and peaceful I felt at total ease at her birth. She barely made a sound and was very internal with her labor with the loving support of her partner by her side.

My midwife was great. She guided me on what to do when the baby was crowning and after the head was born. The baby came out perfectly OA and then immediately rotated into an ROA position. The dad held the baby, skin to skin, while we waited patiently for the cord to stop pulsating before cutting it.

Let me just say, hands down, that was the most amazing experience of my entire life. I got to hold a baby that was coming into the world before anyone else! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT! It was beyond words.


On my way home I called my mom to tell her my exciting news and I woke up to this vague posting on my Facebook wall. Nice! Hopefully, it won't be my last...

1 comment: