Friday, December 31, 2010

Client Zero turns 1

(me with my first doula baby)

On Wednesday my first doula client turned one year old! Unfortunately, I missed the party because of a family illness but I'm so amazed at how fast a year can fly by!

I was excited all month as I awaited the phone call from my client telling me she was in labor. It was my first client ever and I was worried my inexperience would shine through. I'm sure that it did but they were so nice to me it didn't matter one bit. I spent the entire labor with them at hospital. Our nurse was nice and the midwife is actually the same midwife that caught my friends two children!

It was a great learning experience for me (next time bring food). I'm glad that my first birth was a vaginal birth (my friend is working on her certification and she is convinced that she is cursed, 2 cesarean clients in a row) and that the couple was as nice to me as they were.

Hopefully soon I'll be celebrating the one year birthday of my first midwifery client!

5 comments:

  1. Awww! I can't believe that you've been doula-ing for over a year now! That time did fly by. Before you know it all those babies are gonna be teenagers and we're gonna be old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww congrats!
    hey, while I'm on here, I have a Q - are you still doula-ing while taking classes, or just focusing on midwife preceptorship stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also doula-ing but I only have two clients right now =)

    Are you taking clients?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying to find clients! I have two potential ones, both due May/June, which is bad timing for me because I'll be going out of town... So I was thinking - we should chat! See if we can work out a back up thing? Let me know what you think (by email, because this didn't notify me of your response)!

    ReplyDelete