Saturday, February 5, 2011

Birth Observe #2

     On Thursday I went on prenatals with my midwife. We received a call around 9am that we had a mom in labor. Her partner told us that he would give us a ring when they were ready for us. We went about our day and saw four beautiful mama's. Our day seemed short, we were back in Saint Pete around 2pm. Still no call from our laboring family so we went to lunch.
     After lunch I said my goodbyes to my midwife and went to meet up with my doula friend. We had a meeting with a new doula client. I had originally text her that I'd probably not be able to make it because of the birth but I made it, which was nice.After our meeting with the new doula client, my midwife called me to tell me that she had stopped by to check the mama who was around 2cm, 70% effaced, 0 station. I headed home and waited for the call.
     Around 10:30 pm the midwife called me to let me know that it was baby time. I got ready and headed to the house for the birth. When we got there the partner and their daughter came outside to tell us that it was time, she was feeling ready to push! As soon as we got inside I set up the O2 tanks and had all the midwives supplies ready for the birth. I always have towels, baby hat, stethoscope, and bulb syringe at arms length because soon as the baby is born those are the things the midwife needs immediately postpartum.
     The beautiful baby girl was born in water at 11:46pm on 2/4/2011. My second birth as a student midwife!

1 comment:

  1. You know how you were saying last time we spoke that women should try a home birth FIRST not the other way around, "just in case"? I think you should blog about that! :)

    ReplyDelete