Sunday, September 7, 2014

I'm a midwife!


My first catch on January 11th, 2014, while the ink was still drying on my license 

This blog has been neglected but I'm making a conscious commitment to update it more often. I finished my clinical number in December of 2013 and became a Florida licensed midwife in January! That's right, I did it. It was trying but being in a high volume, stable clinical site really helped me finish my number, find my focus and motivated me to finish. 

Since January, I've attended 47 births as an "official" midwife. Check out my rad stats below: 


Here are my Stats from Jan 2013- August 31st, 2014

Total Births: 95
Total intrapartum transfer rate: 16.84%
Total c/s rate: 9.47%
Total pp transfer rate: 3.16%
Total NB transfer rate (from birth to 48 hours): 3.16%
Maternal deaths: 0
Fetal deaths: 0 
NB deaths: 1*


*Known fatal anomaly, collaborative management with perinataology, planned home birth. 

Three more births and I'm officially at the 50/50 mark where I've had as many births as a midwife as I had as a student! 

As for this blog, I will not change the name. I feel that the best way to continue on as a midwife is to continue to learn as much as I can from every opportunity I encounter- to be the life long student. Each birth, each woman and each baby is a teacher! 

No comments:

Post a Comment