Saturday, October 2, 2010

Saint Pete on a bike

Sarah came over today when I got off work and we went on a two hour bike ride to get our exercise on and to earn some extra puntos because we like to eat. I gave her two options, ride down to the pier/Vinoy or take the Pinellas County Trail to Mike's moms house and have him pick us up. Mike swears we wouldn't have made it to his moms house so we went to the pier.

After almost getting hit by a car on more than one occasion we've decided that we're going to keep our exercising to trails and designated sidewalks. On the way back, the sidewalk literally ended. It was nice ridding by the water though and there was a nice sidewalk just for pedestrians!

Google maps is telling me that our total bike ride was a total of 12.4 miles. Sarah calculated our earned activity points at 6, which works great for us because after our bike ride we went to C.D. Romas and got two small pizza slices and a yummy salad bar!


The new Salvador Dali Museum




The Pier




My all time favorite house in Old North East, I LOVE THAT TREE!


4 comments:

  1. Man we look good. That was a great bike ride! I can't believe we did 12 miles! My ass hurts so bad today! LOL! Where will we bike next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog! I am your new follower :)
    I just went to St. Pete for the first time on Friday! I checked out DeSoto Park and downtown by the Pier. Its so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so tropical! I'm from Tampa and a 30 minute drive to Saint Pete makes such a difference in geographical scenery.
    Thanks for following!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're in Tampa?! Oh wow we should network! I'm brand new to tampa and in need of meeting doulas and birth workers in the area! I also need just -one- more birth for certification, so if you know of anyone... :)
    Shoot me an email at anthrodoula at gmail dot com if you'd like to chat further!

    ReplyDelete