Saturday, October 2, 2010

S.O.L.


Image From: Natalie Dee

Sometimes I feel like I have the worst luck ever. All week long I've been searching for my camera charger to no avail. As soon as I order another one on the Internet I find the one I'm missing.

This morning the midwife called me at 5:30 for a birth but I told her I couldn't make it because I had to be at work at 8. Well, the woman had her baby at 6:45. Plenty of time for me to make it to work. I am so upset about this, it has made me sad all morning.

I've also been incredibly anxious lately. I'm flat broke, my student loan money hasn't come in yet and the banks have yet to deffer my USF student loans. I've never been this "poor" before. While at USF I was always able to work almost full time at the best job ever. Now I work weekends only and am scrapping by.

Midwifery school isn't inherently difficult. If you can read, have good time management skill, do your homework, pay attention in class and get decent grades on the exams then you won't have a problem with the academic side of school. Being broke is a whole other story.

It costs me almost $50.00 a week in gas to get to school. If you don't have someone in Gainesville then you either have to drive back to your house (in my cast 2.5 hours away) or rent a hotel. Plus, all the regular school costs (books, supplies, physical and blood work, yada yada).

Oh, why am I not independently wealthy?

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that you're broke babe. :( That's how I was while in nursing school! I thought I'd never be done with school and I'd be broke forever. Being in school and working can be difficult. The struggling sucks but you'll be done before you know it and rolling in the dough! LOL! Hang in there. I know you can do it. :)

    ReplyDelete