Saturday, July 30, 2011

(Home) Birth Observe #10

My first placenta print with paint

Thursday I went on prenatal visits with my midwife. One of my favorite mama's was 39 weeks and 5 days and eagerly awaiting the birth of her first baby. She wanted to be checked and was 1cm, 60%, +2. Exciting but nothing to write home about. Later Thursday night the midwife forwarded me a text that she lost a big glob of mucus. Yay, we are getting closer.

Friday morning around 8 am my midwife called me to let me know that our mama had been contracting since about 4 am and that she was going to head over and check her. I went to teach childbirth class and headed to St. Pete around 11am. I arrived at her house at 11:45 am right after she was checked: 80% and 4cm. The mom SROM'd right after the check and was handling her contractions like a CHAMP!

At 1:15 pm she wanted to be checked and was COMPLETE! By the way this mom was handling her contractions you wouldn't in a million years be able to tell she was where she was in her labor. It was AMAZING! First time mom took 10 minutes to push our her baby! It was so beautiful! I am so happy for this young couple and excited grandmother! At 19 years old this mom owned her birth. "I can't believe I just had a baby," was her postpartum catch phrase! Totally awesome! 


No comments:

Post a Comment